MPC5200 Rev. B

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 12 05:46:31 EST 2005

In message <42D2AF46.9000200 at vxitech.com> you wrote:

> I can confirm that there are engineering samples of at least the first
> mask set of the Rev. B part floating around.  A friend sent me one:
> We have had very limited success with the Rev B engineering part,

We, too, have some problems with hardware which  uses  the  currently
available negineering samples. It's not completely clear if these are
board or processor or software issues yet.

> We do know that there are still errata on the first mask rev and that a
> second mask rev is in process.
>
> Anyone else have anything to report?

If you got samples, you should also have access to the updated errata
sheet (MPC5200B_Customer_Info_addendum_errata). Read  it.  Also  note
that you have to use BAPI v2.2 with Rev. B processors.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by  at  least
one  instruction  --  from  which,  by induction, one can deduce that
every program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work.