mpc8xx and ld.so problem

Jason McMullan jason.mcmullan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 04:56:30 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 07:17 -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> That was a quick response - thanks.
>
> Two questions:
>
> - Do you happen to know about details of dcbz's (mis)behaviour on 8xx?
>
> I ask that mainly because I worry about in-kernel dcbz users.

    IIRC, it isn't used in any 8xx code paths.

> - Shouldnt upstream glibc have that fixed for 8xx by now?

    Ha. Funny. The glibc powerpc maintainer doesn't want any embedded
fixes in the mainline. Last I checked, that was for 'the tools
vendors' to fix.

    "We won't work around processor bugs" is their philosophy.

    I went through a similar (unsuccessful) battle with the
amcc 440ep's "blrl" errata and gcc/glibc.

    It would be nice if the politics there have changed
(maybe they just didn't like me personally), but I don't have
much hope.

--
Jason McMullan <jason.mcmullan at gmail.com>
"Sure, send me the latest Knoppix DVD as an attachment..."