eth0 autonegotation 8260

Ricardo Scop rscop at matrix.com.br
Fri Jul 1 09:15:53 EST 2005

Hi, Samuel

On Thursday 30 June 2005 13:01, Samuel Osorio Calvo wrote:
> First of all , thanks to all who replied,
>
> It is definetely related to interrupts since starting the target without
> the eth wire plugged enables me to login into the board. Of course, without
> network connectivity......and whenever the wire is connected ->the board
> freezes again (no message, no panic, nothing....).
Well, some fcc-related interrupt is problably ocurring, then. You should
attach a BDI2000 to continue debugging, or at least put some printk in
fcc_enet code to see which interrupts are ocurring and what happens then.

> The boot process seems everything ok,  the request_irq returns ok for both
> the mii and the fcc. I am not using a commercial board and some tuning were
> made to the kernel to adjust to the hardware configuration, mainly clocks
> and MDIO pins. I took changes somebody made with DENX's 2.4.18 and ported
> them to 2.4.25, probably forgeting something in the way....may be something
> related to interrupts interfaces has changed since then???
Yes, many things may have happened, but we don't know what because we don't
have your ported code...

HTH,

-Scop.

.o.