MPC85xx DMA support for Kernel 2.6?

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Fri Jul 1 01:56:30 EST 2005

Hi, Kumar...

> I'm not aware of anyone work on such a thing.

*Sigh*... no holiday for me this summer .-(

> I'd be more than happy
> to accept patches for it.  I know several of us have written some  APIs
> on top of the DMA for 85xx.  Those however are non-standard APIs.

But is there any code available for recycling?
Are there any Freescale-FAE's with some snippets?
(Hello, world!)
I am about to start more or less from scratch and re-invent the wheel.

> What APIs exist for general purpose DMA engines?  Last time I looked  at
> this problem nothing really existed.

:-) I was wondering about that, too...
Maybe we can get some basics from this one:
Linux/Documentation/DMA-API.txt

And, well, code from:
asm-ppc/ppc4xx_dma.h
arch/ppc/syslib/ppc4xx_sgdma.c
and from the pci.h subsystem.

Hmm... and there is the factor that it's difficult to get
resources in my project for all that. :-(((

Best greets,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices
Anagramm GmbH