Kernel 2.6.x to MPC8540/Microsys Board

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Sat Jan 15 01:36:39 EST 2005

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>>Which is the best Kernel source tree to start porting 2.6.x to the pm854
>>platform? I would prefer to stuck with the official sources. Is that a
>>good idea?
 >
> Yes.

Thank you, that's what I wanted to hear :-)

>>Is it a good idea to just 'copy' the pm854 platform specific files (PCI
>>  initialization and some MTD driver options) to the 2.6.10 tree and see
>>how it works?
>
> Copy from where? from 2.4? No.

Well, I don't know how the platform specific things got moved from 2.4
to 2.6 in the past (yes I am a newbie). I have a working
2.4.26-pm854-something with a platform/pm854_defconfig (and some changed
non-official(?) files for the PCI and MTDs) and I want to get the same
for 2.6.10+ without changing things at the wrong place.

Best greets,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices
Anagramm GmbH