Kernel boot hangs by parallel flood pings

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 13 03:10:55 EST 2005

In message <DCEAAC0833DD314AB0B58112AD99B93B85928F at ismail.innsys.innovsys.com> you wrote:
> I have had the problem before (and so has several other people)
>
> This is a reply I got on the old Linux PPC mailinglist last year
> (from Gerard Guevel [gguevel at interfaceconcept.com])

According to my records the patch was by Jean-Denis Boyer, 05 Jun
2003.

> I never saw this problem after installing this patch.

I can confirm this, too.

Steffen: this is PatchSet 251 (Date: 2004/06/07 20:05:39) in our  CVS
tree.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Yes, it's a technical challenge, and  you  have  to  kind  of  admire
people  who go to the lengths of actually implementing it, but at the
same time you wonder about their IQ...
         --  Linus Torvalds in <5phda5$ml6$1 at palladium.transmeta.com>