MPC8xx: Using SCM/SCC and standard 16C550 Uarts together...

David Jander david.jander at protonic.nl
Wed Jan 12 22:55:55 EST 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 10:59, Demke Torsten-atd012 wrote:
> I dont know exactly the state of the DENX kernel, but in the standard
> kernel the 8xx UART driver and the 16550 driver are using the same
> device numbers (TTY_MAJOR) and device names (/dev/ttySx).
> You have to change one of them.

You are right! What now? I cannot go around and change TTY_MAJOR!
Is it true then, that you normally cannot have a mix of non-16550 uarts and
16550 uarts on the same system, without doing nonstandard things with major
numbers?
Should maybe arch/ppc/8xx_io/uart.c use another major number?

Greetings,

--
David Jander
Protonic Holland.