simple bootloader 2.6.10-rc3 8xx

Povolotsky, Alexander Alexander.Povolotsky at marconi.com
Thu Jan 6 11:53:52 EST 2005

start_:

Interestingly, - as soon as I additionally defined CONFIG_FORCE in head.S
(after disabling MMU for my case
CONFIG_60POTS) to disable I-cache, my board would not
even get to the booting level (of inflating kernel in zlib, where it
currently fails ).

Then I tried to reverse the order: first disable I-cache, then disable MMU
(I just copied assembler code that was under
#ifdef CONFIG_FORCE to be under #if defined (CONFIG_V52) || defined
(CONFIG_60POTS) || defined (CONFIG_COMBO) but
above # disable MMU...)  - but result again was the same... - so it looks
like that irregardless of the order this
combination does not work ... ?

start_:

#ifndef CONFIG_60POTS
#define CONFIG_60POTS 1
#endif

#if defined (CONFIG_V52) || defined (CONFIG_60POTS) || defined
(CONFIG_COMBO)

# disable MMU
        sync
        mfmsr   r11
        lis     r10,0xffff
        ori     r10,r10,0xffcf
        and     r11,r11,r10
        mtmsr   r11
        isync

        lis     r11,0xfa20
        mtspr   638,r11

        lwz     r12,0x11c(r11)
        lis     r10,0xfeff
        ori     r10,r10,0xffff
        and     r12,r12,r10
        stw     r12,0x11c(r11)
#endif

#ifdef CONFIG_FORCE
        /* We have some really bad firmware.  We must disable the L1
         * icache/dcache now or the board won't boot.
         */
        li      r4,0x0000
        isync
        mtspr   HID0,r4