MPC5200 - problem with CF card

Eugene Surovegin ebs at ebshome.net
Thu Jan 6 04:56:46 EST 2005

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 02:49:42PM +0000, J?n Benediktsson wrote:
> > I am working with a custom MPC5200 board which uses the built-in
> > ATA/IDE controller for a compact flash card.
> > The Linux kernel is Denx linux_2_4_devel.

[snip]

> > mpc5xxx_ide: Setting up IDE interface ide0...
> > Probing IDE interface ide0...
> > hda: SanDisk SDCFBI-1024, ATA DISK drive
> > hdb: probing with STATUS(0x00) instead of ALTSTATUS(0x7f)
> > ide0: unexpected interrupt, status=0x00, count=1

I had similar problem with some CF cards (while other like in your
case worked fine).

Try disabling probing of the slave ide0 interface (hdb). I'm not
familiar with MPC5xxx, but most likely you can modify mpc5xxx_ide or
whatever code sets up access to your CF card.

Find where an instance of ide_hwif_t is initialized for ide0 and add
something like:

	/* Don't probe second drive */
        hwif->drives[1].noprobe = 1;

--