Cross-compiling for MPC82xx on an Apple G5

annamaya annamaya at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 09:51:22 EST 2005

I was wondering if code cross-compiled on a G5 host
machine for the MPC82xx would actually run on the G5?
I see that the G5 is a 64-bit processor. Is that going
to be a problem?

The only reason I am asking about this is because some
packages create intermediate executables that are
executed during the latter stages of the build
process. I would like to cross-compile some readily
available packages that are not designed to be
cross-compiled easily. I remember doing something
similar to this on a Apple G4 a long time ago.