PPC32 8xx MPC880 Linux 2.6 Interrupt storm

Povolotsky, Alexander Alexander.Povolotsky at marconi.com
Wed Feb 23 06:03:29 EST 2005

- I forgot to mention in my post that i2c-algo-8xx.c and i2c-algo-8xx.h,
which I am using, were "taken" from Linux 2.4.26 ...
until some time ago, even bulding of 8xx with I2C configured was broken.
I copied i2c-algo-8xx.h from Linux 2.4.26
 into 2.6.10-rc3 code source and made couple small changes
to allow building of the 8xx code with I2C configured, please see:
http://archives.andrew.net.au/lm-sensors/msg28725.html

Could there be some incompatibility between the way how i2c-algo-8xx.c
("taken" from Linux 2.4.26 )
 handles interrupt vs how it is "expected to be " by Linux 2.6 ?