mkImage -e option for 4MB virtual entry point address of vmlinux

srinivas.surabhi at wipro.com srinivas.surabhi at wipro.com
Mon Feb 21 20:48:12 EST 2005

In the last lines of the build which contains the below

ppc_82xx-ld -T ../ld.script -Ttext 0x00400000 -Bstatic -o zvmlinux
head.o

means that the entry address is 0x400000 ( 4MB) . Does it mean that the
while making mkImage for the kernel the -e option should be given
0x400000? And the load address option should also be the same for linux
kernel image or Is it ok if the load address is 0x0 address?

Thanks & Regards
Surabhi Srinivas