telnet and ioremap probs seem to be solved

Vijay Padiyar vijay_padiyar at
Fri Feb 18 19:40:37 EST 2005

Hi all

Just thought I'd let everyone know regarding the status of the problems I
was facing.

The first problem I was facing was telnetd getting stuck whenever a
significant amount of data transfer was happening between the target and a
remote host. It turned out that the problem was related to MTU size.

I now set the MTU size to 192 bytes and all seems to be fine now.

ifconfig eth0 netmask mtu 192

This seems to be ok so far.

The second problem was about not being able to access ioremapped memory. As
some of you suggested on this forum, it turned out to be a problem with the
MMU not having been configured to access that memory region. In other words,
we set the appropriate ORx and BRx registers to map that memory range, and
then the ioremapped memory was accessible perfectly fine. So that's that.

Thanks to all of you guys for your invaluable assistance!


Vijay Padiyar

More information about the Linuxppc-embedded mailing list