Mounta Vista Linux prompt on serial console

srinivas.surabhi at wipro.com srinivas.surabhi at wipro.com
Wed Feb 16 14:18:58 EST 2005

>> Do not ignore this error. How big is your cramfs image? How  much
RAM
>> do you have?

cramfs is 2.7MB where as the RAM size is 32MB. While building ofcourse
the RAMDISK size was told as 8MB. This I mentioned in the devrocket
kernel configuration.

Just FYI. Kernel Image was 640KB.

Here I have one doubt while building the uBoot image using mkImage with
multi option where was the FileSystem image getting downloaded ? and how
the downloaded location was known to the kernel Image for pointing out
the File System image location. The options -a and -e are applicable
only for first image, isn't it? First image I mean the kernel Image. I
was giving -a 0x0 and -e 0x0 since while building the kernel the kernel
base address was mentioned 0.

>> Is there any chance that you built your cramfs image on a x08 (or any
>> other little-endian) system and forgot  to  give  the  "-r"  (reverse
>> endian-ness of filesystem) option to mkcramfs??

YES. You are right I am building the image on x86 (Windows platform).
But I checked the build log it used the -r option. The default build was
cpio format and after that using fstool converting to CRAMS and the
option -r was present .I believe that devrocket of MountaVista has
makefiles specific to OS i.e for Windows, because while installation it
asks for what type of OS do you want to have the Image Development
environment.

Thanks & Regards
Surabhi Srinivas