Fwd: Memory Size Requirement to Run Linux on Embedded Environment

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Feb 13 09:15:21 EST 2005

In message <528646bc05021210572aaeaa3f at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > This is not correct. U-Boot is located where your memory map dictates
> > it, this can be the begining or the end or right  in  the  middle  of
> > your flash - depending on your hardware design.
> I suggested the beginning of flash under the assumption that u-boot
> would be the first code to execute.  Albert, if it is not then you
> will need to have some other code at the boot location.

That's what I intended topoint out: this is hardware dependent;  some
processiors  support  low-boot  (0x100)  and  high-boot (0xFFF00100),
others  have  a  fixed  reset  vector  (0xFFFFFFFC),  and  yet  other
architectures behave differently (like ARM startin at 0x0000).

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"There are things that are so serious that you can  only  joke  about
them"                                                    - Heisenberg