Linux 2.6.x on 8xx status

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Fri Feb 11 06:26:52 EST 2005

On Feb 10, 2005, at 10:04 AM, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> Does anyone have a clue of what is/can be wrong with the TLB entry for
> the
> address being flushed at __flush_dcache_icache()?

Not sure.  The problem is that the __flush_dcache_icache is passed a
user space virtual address that doesn't look like it is mapped for
writing
or something.  I don't know, as an ooops isn't sufficient to debug the
problem.
You have to catch it here and track down the current state of the TLB
and
the page tables.  Of course, when I do this everything looks OK, so what
I've been trying to do is catch the TLBmiss reload that actually causes
this
to happen to see what it really tried to load into the tlb.  A much more
challenging project :-)  I'll get it one of these days .....

	-- Dan