Kernel 2.6.10 on the MPC5200

Babarovic Ivica ivica at asist-traffic.com
Wed Feb 9 21:45:54 EST 2005

Vlad L wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am new in this list.
>We should run Linux Kernel 2.6.10 on the Light5200
>board (MPC5200).

Try this kernel: http://246tnt.com/mpc52xx/
It works for me.

>Please, direct me to links were can I download GCC
>(and others) and Kernel, which are good point to start
>from.

There is a tool out there:
http://kegel.com/crosstool/current/doc/crosstool-howto.html
Read about it. You will basically need to change a couple of files
to generate your cross compiler environment.
I'll attach my files.

I also use another tool for my basic file system layout.
It's called buildroot. You can find it on busybox pages.
http://www.uclibc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/buildroot/
But it looks like this page is not accessible now.