Linux on Virtex-II Pro P20 development board...

Andrei Konovalov akonovalov at ru.mvista.com
Fri Feb 4 01:18:39 EST 2005

Jakob,

Why are you using 2.6.8.1 which is rather old and doesn't have
any Virtex-II Pro support?

Virtex-II Pro support in 2.6 is very minimalistic at the moment:
http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5/cset@1.1938.115.48

Nevertheless, it should be enough to bring up your board
with 16x50 UART and ramdisk (I mean adding your platform using
ML300 as a template).

This stuff works for me in the following configuration:
   board:
     Xilinx ML300
   bitstream:
     http://www.xilinx.com/ise/embedded/edk6_2docs/edk_62i_examples.htm
     Example #7
   kernel:
     2.6.11-rc1
   .config:
     attached

You could also need the TLB bug fix mentioned at:
   http://support.xilinx.com/xlnx/xil_ans_display.jsp?iLanguageID=1&iCountryID=1&getPagePath=14052
   (look for "Solution 12")
   and
   http://ppc.bkbits.net:8080/linuxppc-2.4/cset@1.1282