MPC8560 TCP/IP Offloading (SDP)

Laurent Lagrange lagrange at fr.oleane.com
Thu Feb 3 20:35:25 EST 2005

Hi,

> TOE is not a popular topic in the Linux networking community.
> Actually, it is a popular topic for discussion, but not a popular
> solution for implementation.  I guess the point is that there is no
> TOE code for Linux, at least not in any official sense.
> That said, this is the first I've heard of SDP.  Can you point me to
> where I can get more information?

Thanks for the point of view.
It seems that SDP concept comes from Microsoft Sockets Direct Technology
and be used on Intel Infiniband architecture.

The following sites seem to be interesting entry points
(advice from a newbie on this subject :-)):
http://infiniband.sourceforge.net/archive/LinuxSAS_SDP.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/ip/standards/

Laurent