Testing ISP1362 USB network device driver.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 2 09:45:14 EST 2005

Dear David,

in message <OFAA7E66FB.78AF3A29-ON85256F9B.005B85BD-85256F9B.005C32E2 at nanometrics.ca> you wrote:

> I'm testing the device side of the ISP1362 using your USB network driver.
> I can get a PC to enumerate with the 1362 but then I don't have a windows
> driver to route IP traffic to it.  I'm just curious how you test the
> driver?  Do you have a Linux host side driver to communicate with the 1362
> as a USB NIC device?

We used a standard Linux PC with the "usbnet" driver (at the time  of
our  tests  under  RH-7.1  running  kernel  version 2.4.20-19.7); our
customer also verified  operation  using  the  Bahia  Network  Driver
release 0.9beta under Windows XP (we couldn't do these tests as we're
a 100% M$-free company :-).