Which CAN driver to port to for PPC

David Jander david.jander at protonic.nl
Fri Dec 30 03:28:11 EST 2005

On Thursday 29 December 2005 13:17, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
> > That's great. I've always been convinced it is the right way to go.
> > I remember I've said so to a friend in March 2002.  Unfortunately,
> > I had no time to do it the right way, due to short deadlines and
> > tight budget.  I'm happy Robert did it.
>
> FYI, there is also a RTDM/Xenomai based version of the SJA1000
> socket-based CAN driver at
> http://www.rts.uni-hannover.de/mitarbeiter/kiszka/rtaddon/
> As RTDM/Xenomai is avaiable for PowerPC as well, it might be an option.

This is great!
I have been trying out xenomai with 2.6.14 on our MPC8xx hardware, and it
looks impressive. Still wonder why xenomai hasn't gotten the publicity it
deserves.
Somehow I had overlooked the example RTDM CAN driver, though.

I also see Robert Schwebel as a member of OSADL, so I am eagerly waiting for a
news-update on that site also (www.osadl.org).

This could indeed get very interesting, I can't wait to see how Roberts
implementation looks like.

Thanks to all for the discussion and work on this matter,

--
David Jander
Protonic Holland.