Linux kernel Hangs after transfer

srideep.devireddy at wipro.com srideep.devireddy at wipro.com
Wed Dec 28 17:38:56 EST 2005

Hi All,

  My target is MPC8247 board where i tried to load my MPC8272 kernel tested by montavista , i loaded linux image uImage at 100000 and it hangs after transferrinbg linux kernel . when i used to debug it found that it is not able to write to the console the log messages . it is hung at my_write_console ... so can some one help me to debug this .. i am getting following log when i try to bootm 100000

Bytes transferred = 644777 (9d6a9 hex)
=> bootm
## Booting image at 00100000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.4.20_mvl31-8272ads
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    644713 Bytes = 629.6 kB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
## Current stack ends at 0x0FBC08D8 => set upper limit to 0x00800000
## cmdline at 0x007FFF00 ... 0x007FFF68
bd address  = 0x0FBC0BB4
memstart    = 0x00000000
memsize     = 0x10000000
flashstart  = 0xFE000000
flashsize   = 0x02000000
flashoffset = 0x00000000
sramstart   = 0x00000000
sramsize    = 0x00000000
immr_base   = 0xF0000000
bootflags   = 0x00000001
vco         =    396 MHz
sccfreq     =     99 MHz
brgfreq     = 24.750 MHz
intfreq     =    264 MHz
cpmfreq     =    198 MHz
busfreq     =     66 MHz
ethaddr     = 00:11:22:33:44:55
IP addr     = 192.168.80.196
baudrate    = 115200 bps
No initrd
## Transferring control to Linux (at address 00000000) ...

Thanks & Regards
Srideep Reddy D

www.wipro.com