Can I use the system call provided by uboot in an assembly language program as in ppcbug?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 27 08:19:10 EST 2005

In message <917BB953409D9D4E86FDD8AE553CA873214B24 at zmy16exm62.ds.mot.com> you wrote:

> I want to call some system calls to do input/ouput in assembly language
> program, and does uboot provide such syscall? As in PPCBUG, I can

If you are running in  the  U-Boot  environment,  then  you  can  use
standard  C programs; read about "standalone applications" - but this
is off topic here; please  read  the  docs  and  post  any  remaining
questions on the u-boot-users mailing list.

Once you started the Linux kernel, then all of  U-Boot  is  gone  and
dead and there is no way to call any U-Boot code any more - except by
resetting the board.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Of course there's no reason for it, it's just our policy.