ibm emac driver update

Simon Haynes simon at baydel.com
Tue Dec 13 04:26:34 EST 2005

I am running a Ebony board with linux-2.6.12-rc1 and I amd having intermittent
network problems. Having searched the archives it would seem that the driver
for the IBM EMAC is buggy ?

I have tried to patch my kernel with

http://kernel.ebsname.net/emac/4xx_napi_emac.diff

I believe this is almost a total driver re-write. Is this correct ?

After having a couple of problems applying the patch, Kconfig and
ibm_emac_core.c. I fixed up the original code and applied the patch.

On compilation the build fails with missing references to kzalloc,
which I guess I could easily fix with kmalloc and memset.

However there is also an undefined field,  dcr_base, in the ocp_func_mal_data
structure.  This structure appears to be defined in include/asm/ibm_ocp.h and
this file does not appear to be changed by the patch. I guess this patch is
for a later kernel.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a suitable patch for this kernel ?

Many Thanks

Simon.