Need help for Linux hangs

jimmy liu jimmyzhmliu at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 02:19:26 EST 2005

I have U-Boot running on a board similar to
MPC8260ADS.
bootargs=root=/dev/ram rw console=ttyS0,115200
When I run command: bootm ff060000 ff260000, the
prompt shows message:
## Booting image at ff060000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.4.25
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip
compressed)
   Data Size:    621131 Bytes = 606.6 kB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
   Image Name:   Simple Embedded Linux Framework
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip
compressed)
   Data Size:    1591658 Bytes = 1.5 MB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK

The system hangs here. I have checked in the FAQs
provided in the Denx's site, could not find the
similar case.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks & Regards,

Jimmy