Video Card to Lite5200

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 8 09:53:24 EST 2005

In message <439752BE.9030207 at digis.net> you wrote:

> The denx.de web site looks great.

Thanks :-)

> Where can someone get this PCI card?  Do I have to contact Fujitsu
> directly? Cost?

I guess you have to contact Fujitsu directly; we worked with  Fujitsu
Microelectronics Europe.

> The Fujitsu CoralP evaluation board MB86295EB01? or did you use the

Yes.

> Coral PA?

No.

> I saw a posting that you also had some streaming video running.  Tell me
> more.

See ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/fujitsu/Coral-P/README.html

> What resolution? 4CIF (full DVD)
> What display?  LCD SVGA (800x600) and/or VGA analog port?

We used a 1024 x 768 LCD.

> Software MPEG decoder or does the Coral  have a decoder?

There was no decoder involved at all. The  CoralP  can  stream  video
directly,  without  any CPU load :-) We used the "zvideo" application
for demos - see above.

> Which player did you use?

None. Just a video source like a standard DVD player or a camera.

> Is all this covered in some release notes?

See the README.html

> Was the katix stuff ever integrated into linux_2_4_development?

Yes, it was. See the drivers/spi/ diretory in our  linuxppc_2_4_devel
tree, or
http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=linuxppc_2_4_devel.git;a=tree;h=464f005880de29947ee7d2d8941446c4ba76b0f8;hb=95300e1ab7d8a330784a882db868e355af6d638a;f=drivers/spi

> How does Wolfgang make a living if he spends all his time answering our
> questions?

Dunno. Next question, please :-)

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Bradley's Bromide: If computers get too  powerful,  we  can  organize
them into a committee - that will do them in.