pq2_find_bridges hangs system

Alex BASTOS alebas at televes.com
Fri Dec 2 21:51:37 EST 2005

Hi,

I am working on a board with a MPC8248 based on ADS8272.
Until now I was working with ppc kernel 2.6.11. Now, it's
time to go up, so I am trying 2.6.15-rc2.

Unfortunately, kernel hangs at boot-up, and with a BDI2000
I have reached the pq2_find_bridges() call, more precisely,
in indirect_read_config(). Now I am a bit lost, as I have
almos any knowledge about PCI.

The board doesn't need PCI support at all, but I need it
active on kernel as it is required by USB HCD stack.

I have tested this on the ADS8272 and i doesn't happends,
so, any clue.

And, has the indirect_read_config any to do with the PCI9
workaround, which is supposed to be corrected on HIP7
devices?

Thanks in advance.

Alex BASTOS