PPC 32bits and big RAM mapping problem

Rune Torgersen runet at innovsys.com
Fri Dec 2 07:18:58 EST 2005

Ahh.. Yep, have CONFIG_HIGHMEM set.

I only did 1G of kernel low mem, so that there still would be space left
for vmalloc mappings.
I have a 8265 witch uses 0xf0000000 and up for internal stuff and flash,
so with 1G lowmem and kernel baseadr set to 0xa.... I have 0xe0000000 to
0xeffffffff for virtual address space.

I do not remember if I had to patch some other parts of the kernel also.
I do not think I did.
Can't chech right now either, because we used bitkeeper and I cannot
even check the commit logs anymore.