MPC8555 8280/8270 USB host support

Hans Schillstrom hans.schillstrom at pwav.com
Thu Dec 1 23:26:21 EST 2005

Hi Mike
I've made some modifications due to the difference between mpc8272 and
mpc8270. MPC8272 use SCC3 and MPC8270 use SCC4.
Added some more clock configuration options ...

I think the changes are quite generic.

The driver seems to work with a 2.6.13 kernel.
Only some basic tests is performed with
- serial ftdi_sio to ports ttyUSB0 & ttyUSB1
- storage i.e. some kind of "no name" usb-memory
- 3 1/4 floppy drive
- Nokia hub.

Don't you think u-boot should take care of clock setup
i.e. as much as possible of all board dependent stuff ?

Regards
Hans Schillstrom