How NEC uPD720101 USB chip work well on linux2.6.12

Stefan Nickl Stefan.Nickl at kontron.com
Wed Aug 24 16:38:20 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 17:42 +0800, JohnsonCheng wrote:
> Right. My USB architecture is the same as you describe. I have also support
> EHCI, but I disable it now.
> The attach files are my kernel configuration and kernel oops while plug-in
> USB mouse.

Umh, I just recognized the 720101 isn't from NEC's hub series, but it's
the host controller itself (720110 would have been a hub also...)! My
bad.
So I'm afraid our problems are unrelated.

>From the logs you sent I'd say your problem starts right here:
ohci_hcd 0000:00:0e.0: request interrupt 17 failed

You should check your PCI interrupt routing, trace INTA from the device,
it's IDSEL, etc. Look at /usr/src/linux/arch/ppc/platforms/sandpoint.c
and lspci -vvv.
But I'm not familiar with the sandpoint, so that's it for me...

--
Stefan Nickl
Kontron Modular Computers