How to run ELDK 3.1.1 's snmp ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 23 18:57:56 EST 2005

In message <1124774174.5945.15.camel at banana> you wrote:

>      I want to know how to used ELDK 3.1.1's snmpd at ppc_8xx
> environment.I used 2.4.25 Linux  and uRamdisk (from denx's ftp site) at
> my MPC852T custom board. When  I mount /opt/eldk/ppc_88x to my linux and

There is no ppc_88x in the ELDK. Mounting the NFS root file system on
top of the ramdisk root is probably not a good idea.  Why  don;t  you
run  with  root  file  system over NFS directlty as all documentation
shows in detail?

> I got following error message.
>
>  # ./snmpd --version
> ./snmpd: No such file or directory

snmpd is not in your current directory.

Are you sure this is the realk error message?

> The found if i compiler snmp source code with LDFLAGS +ÿ-static,
> although file is bigger than ELDK's snmpd (almost 3M byte), but it can
> run very well. I want to know what's the different between LDFLAGS
> static and LDFLAGS

You are missing some of the needed shared libraries  in  the  ramdisk
image; just mounting the NFS root file system on some other directory
does  not  automatically  provide  access to the additional (mounted)
shared libraries. Correctly setting "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" may  help,  but
seems overly complicated.

Just user the root file system over NFS directly.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"An organization dries up if you don't challenge it with growth."
       - Mark Shepherd, former President and CEO of Texas Instruments