[RFC] MPC5200 BestComm microcode [en]/[de]coding draft

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 22 23:48:01 EST 2005

In message <4309D3CF.4030201 at 246tNt.com> you wrote:

> But I'm not sure including that into the Documentation/ directory is
> such a good idea. Changing documentation that's there requires sending
> patch to Linus and get it processed etc ... And since It's mostly
> reverse engineering, it's probably going to change often as we get a
> better understanding.

Documentation/  is  the  first  place  to  look  for   Linux   kernel
documentation, so it seems the best place for such stuff to me.

> We could publish it as a Wiki (that's a tendency these days ;) so that
> everyone can contribute easily and post code examples etc ... What do
> you think ?

This is a good idea for collecting  the  information,  but  IMHO  the
document itself should go (too) to Documentation/

Just my $ 0.02

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Programmer's Lament: (Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act I, Scene vii)
        "That we but teach bloody instructions,
        which, being taught, return to plague the inventor..."