Linux Kernel MTD question

JohnsonCheng johnsoncheng at qnap.com.tw
Mon Aug 22 12:56:14 EST 2005

Very Thanks for your reply.
I am sorry that this data is copied from Building Embedded Linux Systems
book.
Actually, the range of my flash is from 0xFF000000 to 0xFFFFFFFF. My
starting address of Kernel is 0xFF000000, and the starting address of
ramdisk image is FF200000, so the partitions is as following:
0xFF000000 - 0xFF1FFFFF		Kernel
0xFF200000 - 0xFF9FFFFF		RamDisk Image ( also my Root File System )

And I found my RootFS image is so big that waste many time while write it to
flash.
I hope I can use MTD to distribute it into two parts, Simple RootFS and
libraries, but I don't know how to implement it?

My CPU is MPC8241, and my kernel configure is base on Sandpoint_defconfig.

Thanks,
Johnson Cheng