Regarding Keyboard events mapping in different consoles

Vijesh VH vijesh.vh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 21:07:05 EST 2005

Hi,
I am currently working on Powerpc405 Processor. Here I have two interfaces
like serial Interface and IR Interface.
When I boot the kernel using the Serial console what ever i type from the
keyboard(on a PC) using minicom the serial data transfer takes place in
kernel , the kernel decodes the key events of serial console( serial
interface).
Now, I have built the IR Driver which access the handle_scancode function in
the kernel (keyboard.c) by passing the required scan codes and status of the
keys.
The problem here is What ever i type using IR Keyboard appears on my VC
(virtual console or Frame buffer Device) . How do I make IR key
events(handle_scancode) to be handled by the Serial console's keyboard part.

Please do guide me how to proceed.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Vijesh V H