Bestcomm and FEC problems in 2.4

Nuguru Susheel susheel.nuguru at mitron.fi
Thu Aug 18 01:11:05 EST 2005

Hi all,

  I know that very few are now using MPC5200 Rev B, even then i dare
that someone would answer me :-)...

  Root NFS doesnt work for me on this core and i was suggested that I
should use new Bestcomm drivers from Sylvain's 2.6 kernel (I think I
would need both Bestcomm and FEC drivers).. I am also aware of Andrey
Volkov's updates of the Bestcomm drivers but, I am using Denx 2.4
Version.

  does anyone tried to use this new drivers into 2.4 kernel. If yes
please give me a hint how to do so, because of difference in the file
structure of the these versions the solution is definately not straight
forward and needs a lot of hacking ...

any suggestions where to start ???

thanks a lot,
   nSr