Redwood-6 and 2.6

Dale Farnsworth dale at farnsworth.org
Wed Aug 17 13:13:36 EST 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 02:47:45AM +0000, Otto Solares wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 02:19:08PM -0700, Matt Porter wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 03:12:59PM -0600, Otto Solares wrote:
> > > Now, when 'make znetboot' in 2.4 there was a zImage.embedded, is the
> > > same thing as zImage.treebot that appears now in 2.6?
> >
> > Yes, this is the image that boots on the stock OpenBIOS firmware.
> > It has the standard "tree" header on it.
>
> Thank you, just one more thing, do you know if the smc91x driver
> works for PPC?

I added smc91111 support for redwood5 and redwood6 many months
ago.  See the reference to CONFIG_REDWOOD_5 in smc91x.h.  I haven't
tested it recently though.  I'll give it a try tomorrow.

If your machine is not a redwood5 or redwood6, you'll also have to
add platform device initialization in your platform code.  See
arch/ppc/platforms/4xx/redwood6.c.

-Dale