Some version different

FCG WANG Baohua Baohua.WANG at alcatel-sbell.com.cn
Wed Aug 10 11:39:12 EST 2005

Dear Denk:
 I want to ask some questions about the different version:
  1. The linuxppc_2_4_devel   and   the linux-2.4.25.tar.bz2 in ELDK 3.1.1 package
  2.  The ppcboot 0.9.2 compiled with mvstia devrock   and    the  U-Boot 1.1.2 compiled  with ELDK

  Does the kernel freeze at "transferring control to linux" could be these different versions?

  Another question:
  1 why I configed the kernel with CONFIG_HD860 in "make menuconfig" but the code in CONFIG_HD860
     isn't compiled at all ! What's the perhaps reasons? I checked the Makefile and the .config, there is all with
     CONFIG_HD860 = y , But I add any string to CONFIG_HD860 code, there is nothing error when compiled !
   2  How to get board info "struct bd_info" in init/main.c ? I want to use printf of bd_t->bi_mon_fnc->printf() to
       print some string on console. Does it possible? But the code is only in head_8xx.S, How to get the bd* data in
       main.c ? Some board use get_board_info(). But how can I use it?
      thanks!