How to disable dcache on MPC82xx platform

Prashant Alange prashant.alange at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 00:57:05 EST 2005

Since the existing UART/ethernet drivers are using cpm_hostalloc() so
I am also using the same function. Then can I use kmalloc() to alloc
such huge memory. If at all I have to configure BATx to just test how
it behaves. How/where to configure BATx. One more thing is that
totally I am allocating about 1MB memory in a chunk of 200K. I really
dont know whether I can do such allocation in driver. But this much is
very much required for my driver. If you have any other idea of
achieving this then please point me in that direction. I need to get
rid of this problme as early as possible to meet my schedule. please
help.

Thanks,
Prashant