USB + MPC5200 L25R REV 2 OCT0511C

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Fri Aug 5 00:03:31 EST 2005

Hi Bob,

linuxppc-embedded-bounces at ozlabs.org wrote on Thursday, August 04, 2005
3:36 PM:
> I've recently been doing some experiments regards USB on our custom
> icecube-like mpc5200 board using the usb-ohci driver, and here's what
> I found:
>
> 1. Some devices (high speed?) seem to work fine.  I used a USB jump
> drive.
> 2. Other devices (low speed?) like USB keyboard and mouse did not.
> 3. Plugging a USB hub into the board allows the same failing devices
>      (kbd & mouse) to work properly (when they are plugged into the
> hub).
> 4. The off-the-shelf icecube board behaves the same way, so it's not
>      just our board.

This is most probably an issue with the used USB transceivers. The
Phillips transceivers ISP1106 and ISP1107 are known to not work
correctly with the MPC5200 (with low speed Devices).

The following Transceivers should work:

- Phillips PDIUSBP11
- Fairchild USB1T11AMTC

Regards,
Martin

TQ-Systems GmbH
Mühlstraße 2, Gut Delling, 82229 Seefeld
Tel. +49 (8153) 93 08-157, Fax +49 (8153) 93 08-7157
martin.krause at tqs.de
www.tq-group.com