USB + MPC5200 L25R REV 2 OCT0511C

Bob Peterson bob at acdstar.com
Thu Aug 4 23:35:36 EST 2005

Hi Achim and List,

I've recently been doing some experiments regards USB on our custom
icecube-like mpc5200 board using the usb-ohci driver, and here's what I found:

1. Some devices (high speed?) seem to work fine.  I used a USB jump drive.
2. Other devices (low speed?) like USB keyboard and mouse did not.
3. Plugging a USB hub into the board allows the same failing devices
     (kbd & mouse) to work properly (when they are plugged into the hub).
4. The off-the-shelf icecube board behaves the same way, so it's not just our
     board.

I haven't tried to backtrack this because USB isn't a major aspect of
our product
and I've got higher priorities.

Regards,

Bob Peterson