about linux 2.4.25 on MPC852T

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 4 22:39:49 EST 2005

In message <001401c598ee$f59b20f0$0e01000a at orange> you wrote:

>      I'm porting Linux 2.4.25 at my MPC852T.I can make uImag and
> ramdisk.tar.gz  now.
> My question is how to combine these two file to linux.bin  let linux
> auto mount ramdisk.image.gz.

Specify image type "multi" when running the U-Boot "mkimge" tool.

> I think one file would be easy to maintain and download.

This depends on the requirements. It may be very useful to be able to
change the application image while keeping the known  to  be  working
kernel constant.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Einstein argued that there must be simplified explanations of nature,
because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No  such  faith  comforts
the software engineer.                             - Fred Brooks, Jr.