EST MPC823 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 4 02:48:27 EST 2005

In message <DB1B6B12D0E2F0469EB35A9586066B6ECE75FB at stivesemail.stives.linx.gbr> you wrote:
> We already have VXWorks working on the board, so a lot of data can be
> gleaned from the BSP for that. As a beginner to U-Boot - would the
> information from that be sufficient to get to a working build?

Yes,  assuming  you  have  sufficient  hardware  documentation  (like
schematics) as well.

> Its difficult to see from the U-Boot tree which boards are based on the
> MPC623 - is there a quick way of finding which are? grep for 623?

623? I guess you mean 823? Yes, this is easy to find out. But it will
not help you much. You will still  have  to  port  U-Boot  to  *your*
board.  Forget  about  the  idea  that  two  boards might be "similar
enough" to clone one from the other. They aren't.

You need to understand both the hardware  and  U-Boot,  or  you  will
fail.

And BTW: I think your approach suffers from a serious mistake: to  me
it  makes  little  sense  to  use a MPC8xx based board as model for a
PXA270 target system; there are *huge* differences between these  two
architectures.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I've already got a female to worry about. Her name is the Enterprise.
	-- Kirk, "The Corbomite Maneuver", stardate 1514.0