MPC885ADS and 2.6.13-rc5 - nogo ?

Vitaly Bordug vbordug at ru.mvista.com
Wed Aug 3 23:03:08 EST 2005

Schaefer-Hutter, Peter wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I gave the MPC885ADS support recently added by Andrei Konovalov
>a try - but no luck: booting 2.6.13-rc5 with u-boot 1.1.2
>(tftpboot & bootm) hangs after uncompressing.
>
>Did anybody succeed with this?
>
>Applied were the following patches from patchwork.ozlabs.org:
>
> * 8xx_cpm_hostalloc
> * all fixes to fec.c
>
>The board boots an 2.4-Kernel just fine. Did i miss some patches
>for U-Boot?
>
>Best regards,
>
> Peter

Mentioned support should work `out-of-the box`.
Make sure you have console=ttyCPM0,115200 (or whatever baudrate you
have) within bootargs in the U-Boot environment. U-Boot modification is
needed only if you wish to have both FEC MAC addresses configured via
U-Boot env as well. Also only the related defconfig should be used.

--
Sincerely,
Vitaly