??: Bad Magic Number when boot linux kernel with ppcboot (PPC860 board)

FCG WANG Baohua Baohua.WANG at alcatel-sbell.com.cn
Tue Aug 2 17:29:24 EST 2005

Dear Denk:
  The magic number is right when using vmlinux.UBoot instead of vmlinux or zImage, Why?
  Another question puzzle me:
  The kernel print the "Transferring control to Linux (at address 00000000) ... "  then halt ,no any response from serial port.
  I tried ramdiak and nfs, there are the same result.
  So why not print the
  "Linux version 2.4.25 (root at FedoraCore2) (gcc version 3.3.3 (DENX ELDK 3.1
3.3.3-8)) #94 Tue Jul 5 18:59:08 PDT 2005"

  How to not print the "Transferring control to Linux (at address 00000000) ... "  ? Is it right ?
  Thanks a lot!

-----????-----
???: wd at denx.de [mailto:wd at denx.de]
????: 2005?8?2? 15:13
???: FCG WANG Baohua
??: linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org
??: Re: Bad Magic Number when boot linux kernel with ppcboot (PPC860 board)

In message <A9DE2BAF233E444FA9C5E77A5825A01E8652F9 at ydmail.sbell.com.cn> you wrote:

> kernel, after I loaded it print the following messages:
>
> => bootm 0x180000
> ## Booting image at 00000000 ...
> Bad Magic Number
> =>

Which address did you load the image to?

> How to slove it, thanks a lot!
> I use:  zImage,
> vmlinux.UBoot,
>  vmlinux
>  it all print the same messages, How can I do?

Please read the documentation. Only uImage = vmlinux.UBoot can work.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Confound these ancestors.... They've stolen our best ideas!"
- Ben Jonson