openpic_init() functionality

Daniel Ann ktdann at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 12:00:29 EST 2005

Hi folks,

Just been reading openpic_init() function and found something weird,
so I thought I might turn to pro.
It's a part where it initialises all external sources. Code goes
something like this,
[begin]
    /* Init all external sources, including possibly the cascade. */
    for (i = 0; i < NumSources; i++) {
        int sense;

        if (ISR[i] == 0)
            continue;
[snip]
      openpic_initirq(i, 8, i+offset, (sense & IRQ_POLARITY_MASK),
              (sense & IRQ_SENSE_MASK));
[end]

I can see what openpic_initirq does. But what I dont see is enable
part. openpic_initirq only configures interrupt but does not enable
it. And going thru the rest of the code, nothing calls
openpic_enable_irq().
Can somebody tell me how should these interrupts get enabled ?

Reason is, if I dont force openpic_enable_irq() after
openpic_initirq(), then at the end of booting, I see none of my
interrupts enabled. Im sure somewhere down the line it should get
enabled, but where ?

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

--
Daniel