porting linux on power pc mpc8xx

David Jander david.jander at protonic.nl
Fri Apr 29 21:40:43 EST 2005

Hi Prinson,

On Friday 29 April 2005 12:32, prinson varghese wrote:
> I am new to the embedded system development .How i can port linux kenel to
> power pc MPC 8XX

It is already ported to most known mpc8xx devices. You should start off, going
through the archives of this mailing-list, and visit this site:
http://www.denx.de

There you can download actual sources of linux-2.4 kernels. My advice, use
linux_2_4_devel cvs tree if you have no particular reason to use another
tree.

What processor do you use? What board? Is it a custom design or an existing
board?

You might be interested in u-boot also (the most commonly used bootloader for
these kind of embedded processors).

www.denx.de, but probably also from www.mvista.com, and many others.

> awaiting rpaly ASAP

I am OK with this, but "ASAP" does not sound as polite as you should be
addressing a mailing list ;-)

Sincerely,

--
David Jander