Linux Kernel Issue: MPC8540 Errata (CPU29)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 29 16:02:53 EST 2005

In message <61cc712d05042815211d84e870 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have the same issue with gcc3.4.3 and an e500 target.  You can give
> gcc the -mno-string to inhibit generation of those load/store string
> instructions.  I don't know if gcc can be configured such that its
> default is not to generate those instructions.

Yes, it can. In config/rs6000/rs6000.c replace

	if (BYTES_BIG_ENDIAN && optimize_size)
	  target_flags |= MASK_MULTIPLE | MASK_STRING;
by
	if (BYTES_BIG_ENDIAN && optimize_size)
	  target_flags |=
	    (MASK_MULTIPLE | MASK_STRING) & ~processor_target_table[j].target_disable;

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Do you suppose the reason the ends of the `Intel Inside'  logo  don't
match up is that it was drawn on a Pentium?