New MPC5200 Eratta/ATA Bugs

Eric N. Johnson (ACD) ejohnson at acdstar.com
Tue Apr 26 08:00:39 EST 2005

At 02:35 PM 4/25/2005, Stephen Warren wrote:
>Freescale have been working with us on a board work-around for the
>problem. This basically involves deriving a substitute ATA_ISOLATION
>signal from the regular ATA control signals, in some cases.

Are you able to share the circuit they've recommended?  Is it as simple as:
   ISOLATION = ((ATA_CS1 or ATA_IOR) and (ATA_CS0 or ATA_IOR))

This seems like it would be in violation of the setup and hold time
requirements for the data bus.

I've been told there's a new silicon revision of the MPC5200 due sometime
later in the year, but the date keeps getting pushed back.

Eric

Eric Johnson, Electrical Engineer
Advanced Communication Design
   7901 12th Avenue South