824x sandpoint and 2.6.x

Sam Song samlinuxppc at yahoo.com.cn
Sat Apr 23 22:16:45 EST 2005

"Mark A. Greer" <mgreer at mvista.com> wrote:
> >had, is it possible to flush the content of
__log_buf
> >after reset?
>
> Sam,
>
> I thought I finally noticed yesterday that you're
> using 2.4. If that is
> the case, you want to dump "log_buf" not
> "__log_buf".

Uh, I copy the above note to this thread to
continue:-)

The turth is that I ported denx 2.4.24 successfully on
my board
 and try to port it to 2.6.x.  To my understanding,
UART init was
bad for some reason. It was auto configured as 16450
rather than
16550A as 2.4.  Besides, ttyS0 iomem base address in
2.6 is different
to the one in 2.4 although they have the same serial
address setting.
I wander which kind of possiblity coud lead to this
result or even better
to point out some useful printk locations to me.

If possible, could you pls show me a right 2.6 boot
process of
 sandpoint X3/2? I wanna to find out some nice hints
of it. This
is the first time to me so hard to debug a kernel
before normal
console.

Thanks a lot,

Sam