Warm reboot on 826x targets

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Apr 23 08:25:56 EST 2005

In message <20050422210610.GA9158 at gate.ebshome.net> you wrote:

> This is not relevant, because Linux doesn't use this "checkstop"
> trick. It directly just jumps to U-Boot warm-reboot entry point.

Which is a bad design desicion, IMHO. If you want to reset  a  board,
you  should  really  RESET  it  (and  give all attached peripherals a
chance to get reset, too), instead of just assuming everything is  in
good shape an it's sufficient to just jump into some boot loader code
again.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we  can  think
about."                                                 - B. L. Whorf